Re: notes from file selector talk

On 27 Jul 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:
> >
> > We probably should get it. It would be easy to add it to libgnome or
> > gnome-vfs, the trick would be getting people to use it...
> >

> Just add a "directory" mime type to the recent documents spec/API
> that's being worked on now, perhaps.

That would certainly be easy.  However, it looks like my first proposal to
xdg-list wasn't well received (only Jody commented on it).  I
have a XML-based implementation in my local tree that may be a better solution,
so maybe I'll see if something like that will fly.  The biggest problem is
making it reasonably fast......

Thanks,
James