Re: multihead support across GNOME

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 14:43, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	* So far, absolutely zero multidisplay work has been done -
> 	  and that's because no-one has thought of a good use for it
> 	  yet. Why would you want your app running on two display's at
> 	  the same time? The only use I can think of is in Bonobo,
> 	  because a component could be running on several displays at
> 	  once.

I can think of a reasonable use for this, a public display where you
have multiple displays connected to one box. You'd want each display to
run the same apps separately. There could be a lot of this type of
application where basically you want one box to save on configuration
time but running multiple displays with people doing different things in
their own environment. Could also be useful for a terminal server type
setup as well I think.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit