GNOME 1.x apps and Preferred Applications dialog

Is the Preferred Applications dialog supposed to affect GNOME 1.x
applications? It doesn't seem to have any affect on Evolution. I also
tried setting the File Types and Programs dialog for Internet Services
-> World Wide Web and that didn't have any effect.

Are GNOME 1.x applications being left out in the cold? Any idea if this
would be something possible to fix for 2.0.1 or 2.0.2? I assume this is
a gnome-vfs problem?

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org