The infamous menu-editing (zero flame content)

Hi,

I have one simple question -- as far as I can tell the default
application.vfolder-info does not have a tag for user data
(<UserMergeDir> IIRC), however if the user starts to edit the
applications:/// folder in Nautilus a new vfolder is created and stored
in ~/.gnome2/vfolders/ which does contain <UserMergeDir>.

Why doesn't the default applications:/// vfolder rule contain this line?
That was to add user applications all the user has to do is drop
.desktop files into ~/.gnome2/apps, instead of using the broken Nautilus
mode and loosing any updates to system vfolder rules...

Obviously, it may be a bit late for this to be implemented... :)

Regards,
Ross
                                       jabber: rossburton jabber org
                        diary: http://advogato.org/person/RossBurton