Re: punted bugs and 2.0.0 - major reversion

> >  --- Luis Villa <louie ximian com> wrote: > Since we're at the
> > point
> > now where we have (basically) 1 2.0.0 bug,
> > > there's been some discussion in IRC implying that we reached
> this
> > > state
> > > by just punting 2.0.0 bugs to 2.0.1. I want to clarify the
> > > situation,
> > > because it misrepresents how far we've come.
> > >
> > > There has definitely been a fair amount of puntage going on,
> but
> > > there
> > > have been only _eight_ total bugs that were punted from 2.0.0
> > > 2.0.1.[1] A complete list, so we're all on the same page:
> > >
> > > *74974: drag and drop in list view [implementation came too
> late]
> > > *81670, 73770, 73773: menu editing via nautilus

menu editing has had a serious reversion between
gnome-vfs-1.9.17/nautilus-1.1.19/control-ceter-1.99.10 and
gnome-vfs cvs/nautilus-2.0/control-center cvs (cvs yesterday)

previous behaviour

able to create menu items inside nautilus via wizard
able to move menu items between categories
occasional nautilus crash while doing the above, but changes saved
and restart fine
new items only appear after restart

current behaviour

wizard works, creates menu item desktop file, but does not appear
anywhere in the menus

if you try to rename a menu item, the item dissapears from the
menus
nautilus zombies (has to be explicitly killed, otherwise no
feedback
to user, nautilus just wont start)

This happens whether you edit the caption in nautilus or in the
dialog.

Unwanted changes applied immediately, ie:missing menu items

so sometime in the last few days menu editing has gone from usable
to catastrophic

#84140 needs to be re-opened