Re: Detachable Menus

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 10:53, Gaute Lindkvist wrote:
> I've yet to see a novice user that think this feature is especially
> useful.

Luckily for me, I've already seen that.
Same as edge flipping.
Maybe it depends on the IQ of the novice user.

> horribly cluttered interface, like the dialogs for Sawfish at least used to be
> (*shudder*).

This is FUD, the Novice level of sawfish had just about the same number
of settings as it has now. Novice level was not the default
(intermediate was, IIRC). I always set it to Expert to have all settings
so I could find what I wanted (kind of an oxymoron taking in regard the
current arguments against many settings, heh?).

> The feature is still available, although the panel-menu should probably
> follow the setting. I think there is a bug about it, but it is NOT worth
> delaying the entire GNOME 2.0 just because of this. There are actually
> worse things put off to GNOME 2.0.1.

No, of course not. But then, that's one more problem with time-based
releases instead of the formerly traditional when-it's-ready releases.

Cheers,

+ So let's do it...?