Re: Why has menu editing been removed?

 --- Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote: > On Tue, 2002-06-18
at 10:39, Mike Martin wrote:
> > <quote who="Mike Martin">

> ever
> >
> > did via
> >
> > >It's the same system for both, just different interfaces.
> > >Regardless,
> > >it's
> > >not going in. We're days from release.
> >
> > >- Jeff
> >
> > That not the point - why was it taken out?
> > , and we were days from release when it was taken out.
> >
> > The system may be the same, but the panel worked and nautilus
> editing
> > didn't.
> >
> > I can guarentee that aftyer all the work put in any reviewer is
> going
> > to say "but how can I edit menus?"
> >
> > very depressing
>
> 1) It was broken
>
> 2) It was said on this mailing-list that we would disable it as it
> was
> broken.
>
> Stop acting like you're discovering the facts, or (if you are
> indeed
> discovering the facts), read the mailing list archives so that you
> don't
> have to act surprised.

Just when was this momentous decision announced - the last posting on
the subject was
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-June/msg00296.html

which also referred to a bug report #84555 for discussion where a
concensus not arrived at.

So yes I do follow the mailing list.