Re: Reducing the number of special uris in gnome

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 00:19, Stephen Browne wrote:
> One other thing, I don't really think there is or needs to be a
> hierarchical relationship between Preferences and Applications and
> whatever other than collecting them together with the Start Here
> location (or My Computer on windows).

I think there should be a "faked" one, though; I've seen people get
confused that the "Up" button stops working when they click on a
"folder" (vfolder as it may be)...

As it stands:

start-here: -> preferences:  -- "Up" doesn't work, only "Back"
preferences: -> preferences:///Category  -- "Up" and "Back" both work

In e.g. the Windows tree, "Control Panel" is visually/logically a
"child" of "My Computer," despite it being only a "vfolder" of sorts;
clicking "Up" from "Control Panel" brings one back to "My Computer."