Re: [Nautilus-list] Creating Launchers with Nautilus. Potensial patch.

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Gaute Lindkvist wrote:

> > > To summarize for those who haven't followed the entire discussion:
> > > 1. I've created a patch that lets Nautilus create launcher-files.
> > > 2. gnome_desktop_item_save() does not support vFolders, which is used by
> > > the menu-system, so I started to look at a work-around.
> > > 3. I have a workaround that seems exceptionally hacky, bad and silly, but
> > > sort of works for some cases. My workaround is a function
> > > "gnome_desktop_item_safe_vfolder()".
> >
> > What does this function do? Change the contents of the desktop file?
> >
> First, s/safe/save.
>
> Well.. gnome_desktop_item_save saves a desktop-file to a given location.
> gnome_desktop_item_save_vfolder appears to do the same, but instead it
> saves the desktop-file to HOMEDIR/.gnome2vfolders/applications, with the
> "Categories" field based on the path given to it.
> For instance, if the path given is applications:///Games, then the
> categories will be Application;Games;
>
> Conceptually this should work, apart from not fixing drag and drop.
> However there still seems to be problems.
> Manually changing the categories will still not make it appear in for
> instance applications:///Internet.

Well. To end up in application:///Internet it needs to have the category
Application;Network, not Application;Internet. Since the vfolder spec
says:
    <Folder>
      <Name>Internet</Name>
      <Desktop>Internet.directory</Desktop>
      <Query>
        <And>
          <Keyword>Application</Keyword>
	  <Keyword>Network</Keyword>
        </And>
      </Query>
      <DontShowIfEmpty/>
    </Folder>

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an underprivileged arachnophobic firefighter from a doomed world. She's a
man-hating streetsmart safe cracker from Mars. They fight crime!