Re: GNOME Desktop Version String

On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 12:01, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Yeah,
> I didn't want to make it sound that just Sun wanted this and hence I was
> told to make it so ;)

Oh, don't worry )

> For the moment, I just but in a very lame '2.0', but I know that Sun
> will be patching locally to include some more detailed information as
> you mentioned below which would be used in programs [as you mentioned]
> like bug-buddy, gnome-about, gnome system info etc...

It would be really nice if Sun would say exactly what they are going to
put in. It would be much more useful if we (by which I mean everyone
packaging GNOME, including Ximian, Sun, RH, GNOME Packaging Project,
etc.) could agree on an extensible standard so that the tools could all
use this in a coordinated manner that is useful to the entire community
and not just Sun.

Luis