Re: Major issues with window list applet

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
> > No control of the individual programs (ie kill maximize etc)
>
> This is a bug, it should be put in bugzilla if it isn't.

I was forgetting the tricky bit of this. The problem is that
right-click opens the applet menu, not the window menu. Which is
definitely more consistent with the rest of the panel, but I think
confusing because each button in the window list looks like an object,
users wouldn't consider the whole window list a separate item.

But if right-click doesn't open the applet menu you can't manipulate
the applet. And the 1.x solution of having a pointless little
right-click area sucks.

I think the idea was that the window ops would get merged into that
right-click menu, but this isn't implemented yet.

Hmm, I also just noticed that the launcher right-click menu and
windowlist right-click menu have some odd inconsistencies in where
equivalent items are placed.

Havoc