Re: Major issues with window list applet

mike <mike redtux demon co uk> writes:
> yes - it is useful to have fixed area to click

If you just slam your mouse to the edge of the panel, you can always
right-click there to get the panel menu.

It's a bug that clicking on "blank" parts of the win list applet
gives you a winlist menu insted of panel menu. We don't want to add a
preference in order to work around this bug.

> 1. how many rows

There are always as many rows as will fit in the panel. In the old
tasklist, if you said "2 rows" and had a small panel, the panel would
grow. So just making your panel large is the same as saying "2 rows"
in effect. You can AFAICS always get the same effect as in the old
applet.

> 2. how to group items

There is an option for when to group - what additional grouping option
is missing?

We don't want to add options when the problem is that the defaults are
wrong. So we need to understand in specific detail what the actual
usability problem you're encountering is, then fix the usability
problem.

Havoc