Re: background/font capplets

Bradford Hovinen <hovinen ximian com> writes:
> > This is silly. It means porting the existing background capplet to the
> > new schemas, a non-trivial task. The new background capplet is basically
> > a rewrite, and is compatible with the new schemas. "Seperating" the
> > schemas patch from the ui patch essentially means rewriting both pieces
> > of code, because they aren't really separable.
> >
> > Please voice your supposed complaints about the combined patch and I'll
> > try to resolve the issues. If you had just done that in the first place
> > (weeks ago!!!) this could have *easily* been resolved by now.
>
> I'm sorry it's more work for you, but that is the only condition under
> which I will accept the patch.

So my understanding is that we have a grid:

        old backend     new backend
old UI     A
new UI                     B

So we have A, and Seth wrote B; I haven't looked at the code, but I do
understand Seth's point that adding the other two cells basically
triples the work to make the change. If we're ending up at B anyway, I
don't really get the point of the exercise, I have to admit.

What is the rationale here? Just ease of reviewing the patch? Or do
you really only want half of it in the end?

Havoc