Re: Preferences view ugliness

I agree. There at least should be a command line
option to enable the old view. I always end up
patching it myself to do this whenever I download a
new version.   Also, on the same subject some of the
control center capplets are either missing or don't
work at all.  For instance:

 the GTK+ theme selector doesn't seem to do anything
when trying to change a theme.

There doesn't seem a way to change the size of the
icons on the panel.

Most of the time the background capplet doesn't
display the correct settings.

Although it not in the cc be default, the metatheme
capplet is very difficult to use, and the preview
doesn't work.

The names on some of the capplets are very confusing.
(I don't remember the specifics, but I filed them in
bugzilla.)

There are many more.  I think I sent in bug reports on
most of these.  I'll double check to be sure.
Basically, out of the entire gnome 2, the cc seems to
me to be the part that has the most visible bugs.
however, I don't mean to complain TOO much, because it
looks to be headed in a direction thats a big
improvement over the gnome 1.x version.

Seth Bayens