Re: Default WM theme settings

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 12:43, Alex Larsson wrote:
> I think "round orange buttons" for all buttons gets old after a while.
> They don't look like buttons, are harder to hit, and stands out
> unneccesarily.

also, there is no mouse feedback for hovering over, or clicking a
button.  additionally, fonts with sizes greater than around 12 points do
not fit in the title bar, and the title bar doesnt automatically
expand... like (cheap plug) klarth

klarth may be visually boring, but it is pretty nice.  if crux is to be
the default theme, there are a few things that i would request (way too
late, i know.  hopeful for 2.0.1, or 2.2)

o - custom button placement.  the only sawfish theme that can handle
this that i know of is spiffDOME, by garret of linuxart.com fame.  the
KDE window manager (i think it's kwm?) has a nice feature that lets you
drag and drop buttons onto a mockup of what your windows will look
like.  if i have time, i will post a shot of what it looks like

o - resize the title bar to fit large fonts.  if it's going to be the
default, it needs to be accessible, and that means taking into account
those that are visually impaired.

anyway, thats all i could think of.  i'm sure there's more

cheers :)
matt