Re: intltool rule patch

On 3/15/02 12:12 PM, "jacob berkman" <jacob ximian com> wrote:

> from the make info pages:
>
>   Thus, a rule of the form
>
>   %.o : %.c ; command...
>
>   specifies how to make a file `n.o', with another file `n.c' as its
>   prerequisite, provided that `n.c' exists or can be made.
>
> i ran into this with xscreensaver. i don't know why it's a problem other
> than it doesn't use automake, but until i added the ; it didn't know how
> to build a .desktop file from a .desktop.in.
>
> the attached patch adds ;'s to the rules.  the easiest way to test is to
> commit and see if tinderbox dies :/

Please don't commit this patch. I think you missed the semicolons later on
the lines. For example:

INTLTOOL_DESKTOP_RULE='%.desktop: %.desktop.in $(INTLTOOL_MERGE) $(wildcard
$(top_srcdir)/po/*.po) ; $(INTLTOOL_MERGE) $(top_srcdir)/po $< [$]@ -d -u -c
$(top_builddir)/po/.intltool-merge-cache'

The first $(INTLTOOL_MERGE) and $(wildcard) are additional dependencies. The
build rule starts with the second $(INTLTOOL_MERGE).

Is there a real problem here? What is it? (It's not lack of a semicolon.)

    -- Darin