Re: g_spawn

On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 16:05, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> If you aren't setting the flag to turn it off, you almost certainly
> are not expecting the child to be inheriting any descriptors.  In fact
> aside from pipes set up right before the fork, I can't think of cases
> where people _do_ want descriptors inherited.

	Well - fair enough; but it's ~1000 syscalls per exec, which seems a
fairly high cost to pay (to me), especially in gnome-session which AFAIK
tends to just sit there forking / execing things. It doesn't seem
particularly impossible to get gnome-session to set the options on the
few descriptors it keeps open, but perhaps I'm mistaken ?

	Regards,

		Michael.