Re: totally awesome gnome-settings-daemon patch!

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:

> On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 22:26, Bradford Hovinen wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 19:19, jacob berkman wrote:
> > > this patch does 2 things:
> > >
> > >     * run xscreensaver when we start up.  i think this is the most
> > >     appropriate place for this.  if you're unconvinced of this, i can
> > >     explain it better but i want to go home.
> > >
> > Modulo the g_spawn issue that jrb mentioned, it looks good. Once that's
> > changed, please commit. Thanks.
>
> here's the finished patch.

A couple comments:

 * If a GConf key is in the "/desktop/gnome/*" names space, I think I'd
   like that schemas file to be in libgnome.  The don't warn on startup
   key belongs in "/apps/gnome-settings-daemon/", or something.

 * We don't listen to the screensaver key.  Do we want to listen to it
   and shutdown/startup the screensaver daemon?

> i also noticed gnome-settings-daemon wasn't set up for i18n - is anyone
> fixing this?

A volunteer!

-Jonathan