Re: swallowed apps

> Just removing features isn't making our UI better! The average user doesn't
> understand every think: Ok, what the hell. Nobody expects to understand every
> part of something's design, it's easy to ignore.

Removing broken and unnecessary features that bloat up the UI is making it
better.

> In this list often people say options are "on crack", and then remove them,
> but what is the *problem* with options. Ok one argument of the UI/Usebility
> people is right: Make an default that works for all, not a billion broken
> options. But this is not an sorry excuse for bad design, it is a possibility
> for the users.

Do you have an issue with the other "on crack"-arguments, or is just this
one?

> Keep in mind: Unix is a toolbox, not a set of Gates like policys (use
> passport etc). Not everything a not gnome developer uses is availible as
> pannel applet/docklet/term of the day.

The problem AFAIK is also that the current "Shallowing" mechanism is
broken. I've tried swallowing lots of apps, and haven't succeeded with
any of them. Unless someone actually cares enough about this feature to
fix it, then there is no point in having it there.

If someone cares enough to fix it, then there is perhaps a point to the
discussion.

Gaute Lindkvist