Re: control center and legacy gnome support

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 13:12, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 12:58:53PM -0500, jacob berkman wrote:
> > should bugs be filed against the control center for not changing gnome 1
> > settings?  or are they supposed to be installed in parallel?
> >
> > is not supporting this a blocker for the gnome 2 release?
>
> The release team discussed this a while ago, and gnome1
> compatibility is definitely very important.  Such bugs should be
> 'must fix before gnome2'

another problem is the libcapplet.so.0 things have (ie, things that
haven't been ported yet still linking against the old lib.  if the new
control center fully replaces the old one, you don't have both
installed).

are we going to have a stable 1.x control center released where the
library doesn't depend on the corba shell being there (ie, similar to
what rhat shipped with 7.2)?

jacob
--
"don't get me wrong, i think that radiohead are amazing. i love their
 music and i love their ethos, but that thom yorke guy always seems to