Re: panel run dialog

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 00:22, Seth Nickell wrote:
> I don't have the original message here, but I assume this is discussing
> the "list of all available programs" in the run dialogue. I would prefer
> to see this feature nixed. I agree with Jeff that you're usually using
> this dialogue because you want to type in a command that's not available
> in the menus. If something is in the menus, its easier to use the menus,
> even if you don't know which category its in (probably).

I wholeheartedly agree here.

Although, you should still be able to type a command in somehow.  I
would rather have the KDE-style command launcher thing where you can
just type something in and it just works (plus option to run in terminal
etc.) rather than the current messy dialog.

So, my take is: the command dialog should stay, but the application
picker should go.

--
Ettore