Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 16:11, Dick Porter wrote:
> > If the issue is desire to have a big app and navigate around it
> > easily, some really silly little feature like a keybinding that moved
> > an app around in screen-size increments would be a lot less intrusive
> > and overall design-impacting than adding viewports. I don't know about
> > that solution but maybe something like that. If the whole problem is
> > viewing big apps, viewports say "overengineering" to me.
> I think it's more about flexibility.  Having said that, if viewports
> disappear from GNOME2 I'd be vaguely irritated, rather than fuming.  And
> if the spec/design and implementation didnt actually prevent them being added
> back by someone sufficiently motivated then thats fair enough.

If sawfish kills viewports definitely, instead of just giving me the
stupid trouble of having to hack the config files (or in the future the
source?), I'll be more than glad to do rpm -e sawfish2, just the same
way I did rpm -e gnome-terminal because of similar braindead decisions.

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?