Re: Viewports and gnome 2

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > I'm not applying abuse, I'm getting rather irritated that I seem to be
> > getting the same stonewall from everyone on the development side of this.
> > "We removed it because we thought it might be too confusing. We don't care
> > about implementing the functionality of gnome 1. Get over it... we're
> > right because we're the developers and you're a mere user"
>
> *SMACK* You haven't been listening. Again.
>
> Please, go back and read the threads. You'll actually find that most of us
> prefer the "features provided by what we used to call viewports". You are
> still... *STILL*, after this entire thread, and the comments pointed out in
> the *earlier* thread... talking about terminology, and not features.

ok... I'm going to put one example in extremely simple terms for you since
obviously using the higher level terminology is beyond all of us.

I want to take this rectangular object which contains the output of my
program and make it so I can see the top half of the object on one screen
and the bottom half of the object on this magical screen that seems
to exist underneath it. I can do that with gnome 1 - tell me how I do it
with gnome 2. If I can't do it with gnome 2, then it is a regression of
the from gnome 1 - one that is important enough to ensure I continue to
use gnome 1 rather than gnome 2.

Would you prefer that I go into bugzilla and anal rentively file 47 bugs
on each function of gnome 1 viewports that regresses in gnome 2?

--
 Ken Witherow <phantoml AT rochester.rr.com> ICQ: 21840670
  http://krw.2y.net  <- so good, it's censored in China