Re: PATCH: panel run dialog redux

On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 02:55, George wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 08:11:07PM -0700, Frank Worsley wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > 3. The list of applications is now only loaded when the button is
> > pressed, resulting in a fast load time for the dialog.
>
> Do note that since the apps and icons are loaded in an idle AFTER the window
> has been shown, there is no slowdown in showing the window caused by this.
> I will take a look at this patch tommorrow.  Thanks, it looks nice.

however the idle loop is at too high a priority, or it should be in a
timeout.

when i pop up the dialog and try to type something right away, i can't
because the loading stuff is getting all the cycles, and typing /
redrawing isn't.

so, it pops up instantly but i still have to wait a few seconds to be
able to actually use it.

jacob
--
"don't get me wrong, i think that radiohead are amazing. i love their
 music and i love their ethos, but that thom yorke guy always seems to