Re: patch to tasklist and libwnck

On Sat, 11 May 2002, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> Here are two patches that fix an issue I had with my sliding panel, namely
> the tasklist applet not showing up because the size request doesn't take
> into account that the panel can shrink to accomodate it.  These patches
> are against a pretty recent CVS.
>
> I've sent it to Alex a few times for revision and this one should be
> pretty clean.  It implements a minimum_width (useful for sliding and
> corner panels, this is the size they'll take) and a maximum_width (useful
> for edge panels to limit the space they'll take).
>
> It also adds these two prefs to the ui, and that's why I'm posting it
> here so this patch can make it in for the string and ui freeze.
>
> Let me know if this is useful and ok to commit.  And don't spare me just
> because this is my first gnome patch ;)

In order to make the ui freeze I checked this in for you. I made some
small changes to the code:

* Renamed the GConf keys to minimum/maximum_size (since they are useful
  for both width/height, and publically visible).
* Fixed the generic panel handling of size_hints and handles and removed
  the handle size specific code from the tasklist.
* Use g_new0/g_free instead of calloc/free.
* Minor indentation changes.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a one-legged white trash waffle chef with no name. She's a warm-hearted
communist doctor with the soul of a mighty warrior. They fight crime!