Re: magicdev for gnome2

Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> writes:

> Heya,
>
> I ported magicdev to gnome2. Here's a list of changes:
>
> - use intltool
> - remove usage of goad/corba
> - gconfified (gconfied sounds like it's too short)
> - use gnome-vfs-monitor to check fstab and mtab (with polling fallback
> as well)
> - make use of the CDROM_MEDIA_CHANGED ioctl if the drive supports it.
>
> Posted the patch on my website. Can I commit ?
>
> http://hadess.net/files/patches/magicdev-gnome2-port.patch

Can you file a bug and attach it? I don't know when I'll get to it,
but I will do so sometime within the next few months.

(Sigh, yes, that's a long time. I know. The above changes sound
reasonable, except for the gnome-vfs-monitor stuff; since we have
to wake up anyways to check the device, it seems like major
overkill to use gnome-vfs-monitor.)

Regards,
                                        Owen