Re: gnome 1.x bonobo components in gnome 2.0

Hi James,

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 08:46, James Willcox wrote:
> So, I would like to be able to use the bonobo interface to the evo
> composer from a gnome 2.0 app (gedit).  Is this even possible, or will
> we have to wait until the gnome 2.0 port is ready?  I haven't had any
> success thus far, so I thought I would ask before I invested too much
> time.

	The easy answer is to wait. If you _really_ have to do it, the ORBs
_should_ interoperate properly, and you could (assuming oaf is running)
poke around and get a CORBA reference to evolution. But really, the
answer is to wait.

> On a separate note, it would be nice to have a generic interface for
> mailing stuff using whatever mailer the user has setup.  Has this idea
> been kicked around before?  The "mailto:"; URI is one way, but my
> understanding is that it's just for short, simple, messages.

	Yes; lots of standardized interfaces for general system services would
be very nice.

	Regards,

		Michael.