Re: [Evolution-hackers] gnome 1.x bonobo components in gnome 2.0

> > On a separate note, it would be nice to have a generic interface for
> > mailing stuff using whatever mailer the user has setup.  Has this idea
> > been kicked around before?  The "mailto:"; URI is one way, but my
> > understanding is that it's just for short, simple, messages.
>
> you mean like 'mail foo blah < text', right?
>
> Oh no, I guess you mean to execute a billion lines of mostly pointless
> code that does the same thing instead?

I think the idea has a value.  Also a command line client for Evolution
would make possible:

	* Use the user configured mail delivery system (sendmail,
 	  exchang or smtp server).

	* Allow for attachments to be sent and properly encoded.

	* File the outgoing mail in a `Sent' folder, and apply
	  any other interesting outgoing rules.

Miguel