Re: Minutes of Gnome 2 release team meeting (late): 2002-05-17

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 10:52:19AM +0200, Jens Finke wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 May 2002, James Henstridge wrote:
> > > Have you tried installing the docbook DTD and XSLT packages available
> > > from the scrollkeeper project webpages?  Many people have found them to
> > > work quite well.  You can download them from here:
> > >     http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/docbook.shtml
> > >
> > > They _should_ make it very easy to get a working docbook/xml setup.  You
> > > could try some of Malcolm's tests after doing the install to verify that
> > > they are installed correctly.
> >
> > I've tried this some weeks ago. But IIRC they work only reliable for a
> > RedHat like system. I use SuSE as base system and AFAICT they use a very
> > different docbook/DTD setup (package names, paths). So no, it didn't work
> > for me.
>
> The tests I gave should not depend on your distribution, since they use
> the "official" SYSTEM identifiers and things like that. The _only_ thing
> that could be different is if your distribtution uses another master
> catalog in place of /etc/xml/catalog (in which case they've also patched
> libxml2). Note that you can have other XML catalogs on the system but
> /etc/xml/catalog should reference them all if they are meant to be used.

If the distro uses another master catalog then it really should patch
libxml - in which case libxml based check would still work.

> Please let me know what is different on SuSE platforms so that I can
> update my checkes.
>
> Malcolm
> --

	Sander

	you'll rescue me right?
	in the exact same way that they never did
	i'll be happy right?
	when your healing powers kick in