Re: [Fwd: Happy Halloween from 5th toe the new version.]

Am Fre, 2002-11-01 um 18.32 schrieb ERDI Gergo:
> On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, ERDI Gergo wrote:
>
> > > Wow, it is nice looking, does anyone have an FM tuner card to tell me if
> > > it works?
> >
> > I can give it a try.
>
> Seems to work OK. A couple of points:
> 	the volume slider isn't updated correctly if I change the volume
> 		from, say GMix

Hmm, that's right. That's because there is no way to detect this other
than polling... (correct me if I'm wrong). But it would be easy to
implement if users really think this is important. However, gmix (and in
fact all other apps I know except xmms) won't update either, if I change
the volume in gnomeradio, xmms, etc. ;-)

> 	it would be nice if you could press-and-hold the tuner buttons
> 		(<plug>like in RadioActive</plug>). Also, the frequency
> 		display isn't updated real-time

Will fix that asap :-)

> 	Station scanning doesn't seem to work -- it finds a station every
> 		.10 or .15 MHz. However, I know just how hard this is (I
> 		once got a explanation of how station scanning worked with
> 		V4L and this was when I decided to postpone implementing
> 		it indefinitely)

Hmm... It's working fine for me. The scanning algorithm I used is pretty
simple:
It increases the frequency by 0.05 as long as it finds 3 discrete
frequencies in a row that have a reception quality >= 3 (which is the
max as far as I know). If someone has a better idea, I'll happily adopt
it :-)

Regards,
Jörgen