nautilus-media 0.0.2 release

Hey,

I'm taking advantage of the combined gnome hacker's lull to slip in a new
(less buggy) release of nautilus-media.

You can get the tarball at
http://thomas.apestaart.org/download/nautilus-media/nautilus-media-0.0.2.tar.gz

What it currently contains:
- gst-thumbnail, a video thumbnail maker
- nautilus-audio-view, an audio view for nautilus
  (+ four test apps of varying complexity, ranging from a command-line
     play app to a bonobo component instantiator, which all helped me
     during debugging and may be helpful to you if you consider making

What it should do well:
- build from source (against gstreamer 0.4.2 and gst-plugins 0.4.2)
- build from spec to rpm
- thumbnail your MPEG videos
- show only wav/ogg/mp3 files in your directory
- look basic

What it will likely do (it does for me):
- play tracks on doubleclick
- have working play/next/prev/stop
- have working time display
- focus follows playing track
- auto skip to next
- gst-thumbnail will commit suicide if it takes too long to make a
  thumbnail

What it might do (and should be fixed)
- lock on some kinds of audio (for example, jdub's crack collection of
  oggs messed up with id3v2 tags.  Yes, people do these things)
- crash without apparent reason (but only on startup - if it makes a
  sound, it's going to keep going until the next track)
- keep playing even when you quit nautilus
- behave unexpectedly when you drag the seek handle (not implemented yet)

What is planned for the very near future
- seeking
- reintroduction of metadata handling (needs GStreamer cvs atm)
- sample button (play five secs of each track)
- drag and drop
- audio properties

Did I do this release notice right, or should I send it somewhere else as
well ?

Enjoy & give feedback please
Thomas

You think I'm scared of girls well maybe
but I'm not afraid of you
You want to scare me then you'll
cling to me no matter what I do
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->