Re: GEP-2 Theme Sets (aka Metathemer)

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 08:56, Calum Benson wrote:

> I know there are still a lot of people who don't want to consider the
> font as part of the theme, so one simple compromise I thought of was a
> 'use large fonts' checkbox that would scale up the fonts in any given
> theme to some fixed large size (say 18pt).  That would be big enough for
> a low-vision user to get started, and if they did want to make further
> changes they could do so in the Font preferences dialog.

Well if you add a use large font checkbox is the apply font button even
needed?

> One other thing that actually isn't in the GEP is the ability to
> specify/over-ride the icon sizes specified in the gtk theme... I don't
> even know if that's possible right now but it would be rather nice, so
> I've added it to the Icons tab in my wee mockup below :)

Is there any reason why gtk can't just automatically scale icons based
on font size. This seems like a more correct fix than forcing users to
unbreak the ui with a preference. If not, than I guess this is the best
we can do.

dave