Re: GEP-2 Theme Sets (aka Metathemer)

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 19:51, Soeren Sandmann wrote:

> I don't understand what was wrong with Seth Nickell's proposed dialog,
> except that I would make the 'apply font' and 'apply background'
> checkboxes instead of push buttons.

IIRC we ended up agreeing there wasn't anything very wrong with it...
Jonathan just got there first with the code, I guess :)

> This way, if the theme font or background were ugly, you could just
> uncheck the check box and get your old font back. If you later on
> changed the font via the regular font dialog, this check-box would
> automatically be unchecked. Similarly for the the background.

I agree, checkboxes would ultimately be more convenient than buttons for
those two items.  But IIRC, the "fonts and backgrounds aren't part of
the theme" supporters argued for buttons rather than checkboxes because
they wanted no interaction at all between the Fonts, Background and
Themes capplets.  (Seth in particular believes that the Theme capplet
shouldn't just be a quick way of changing things in the other settings
dialogs at all, which is why we stopped calling it a "metathemer" :)

Cheeri,
Calum.