Re: lock down features

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 20:29, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > We should consider a feature allowing people to lock down various
> > parts of the desktop.
>
> > What do people think? How should we implement this?
>
> Definitely important for large installations, I've almost won a couple
> based on GConf's potential, but expanding it to true lockdown hasn't really
> been on the agenda.

I find this completely astounding.  This is one of THE largest features
required in many large installations such as educational institutions
and was discussed many times over the last few years.  The standard
response, oh yes well wait until GNOME 2.

I can tell you one thing at the college I work for if this isn't doable
KDE will become the standard desktop against my will, Yech!   Sorry for
the rant guys but this is very frustrating.