Re: Gnumeric : Contest for a Splash Screen

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 21:34, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Just to play devils advocate, is there anyway to make gnumeric launch
> > fast enough where it doesn't need a splash screen. This would really be
> > the best solution. Splash screens are really annoying and should only
> > be used when an app is slow as malasis starting up (see oo.org).
>
> Jody noted in his post that the splash screen would only be shown when a
> document takes longer than 3s to open.
>
> Try Gnumeric some time to see how fast it loads without such a document...
> No splash screen required - it's lightning fast.
>
> - Jeff

I only skimmed the email and must have missed that :) This is good to
hear and I had a sneaking suspicion that it was fast as lightning which
was why the discussion of a splash screen worried me (seemed like
unneeded branding). Anyway I look forward to playing with gnumeric2 once
I get a working setup up and running again :)

dave