Re: the Nautilus context menu

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 19:32, Andrew Sobala wrote:

> It doesn't seem worth alienating skilled computer users in an effort to
> make file management seem as simple as pie - which it isn't.

One counter-argument to this is that skilled computer users almost
certainly don't use the menus for most of their copying and pasting
needs anyway.  Although that could equally mean that on the occasions
they *do* use them, the inconsistency is potentially even more confusing
than it might have been otherwise :)

Incidentally, the opinions from the other usability folks I've spoken to
here so far is not to make the change either... one of them worked on a
project for Apple where a similar change was tried,  and they were
hammered for it by developers and analysts alike.  Needless to say it
didn't happen :)

Cheeri,
Calum.