[no subject]

I really love the consistancey on the Mac and I cant wait for the day when
i can truthfully say that Gnome is like the Mac only easier to use.
Obviously the system used by Microsoft gives a little more flexibility and
as a result power but personally on principle i would think the
reduced usability and confusion is far less valuable.

I would very much like for Gnome to decide sooner rather than later if
Ctrl+LeftClick === right Click

This restriction would leave developers with only a tiny amount less
choice but it would allow PPC users and other user with a system that has
an input device besides the supposedly "*nix standard" three button mouse
that much more consitancey accesibilty and flexibility.

I hope that perhaps those with experience with development for the
Macintosh can confirm if this really is a good idea.  Personally i find
the consistancey immensly useful, although I wonder I would be very
worried that open source developers might choose to ignore such a
guideline.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:54:39
-0800 (PST) From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz yahoo com> To: Alan Horkan
<horkana tcd ie> Cc: AbiWord Developer Mailing List

<snip>

IMNSHO ctrl+left button === right click !

how about using Shift click instead?

--

In Microsoft's not so humble opinion, ctrl+left button != right click. See
MSWord, MSIE, or any other app in existence. Even GNOME applications don't

In MSWord, ctrl+left button on an image makes a copy of the image and
drops it where you release the mouse button. I might be able to get
dragging around via the left mouse button alone and I'll look into that
when I get back from Thanksgiving holiday. Shift+left button is used for
creating selections.

Dom

--

PPPS Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it.  mmm cranberries.