Re: that darned accessibility capplet

On 1 Oct 2002, Seth Nickell wrote:

> > Sorry Seth, but how are you going to justify this?
> >
> > Cursor blinking and / or its blink rate (and really also text cursor
> > shape) is something that large amount of users are accustomed to
> > adjusting, and its not really something specific to GUIs either.
>
> I have trouble believing this (though I do know that *some* people do,
> asking around various people I know, windows and linux users, I haven't
> found anyone who changes the cursor blink rate). Having the blink rate
> tied to a general "how much should the computer animate, blink, etc"
> setting seems like a good idea, but I really don't see strong support
> for having this preference.

Yes, its arguably one of those things people change once to match their
preference and then never ever go to change agian until they re-install -
except for all practical purposes gnome doesn't presently have the
semantic of initial user setup and probably won't anytime soon.

> -Seth

	Sander

	There are voices in the street,
	And the sound of running feet,