Re: that darned accessibility capplet

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:08:46PM +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 15:37, Calum Benson wrote:
>
> Okay people, let's make a decision.  Are we going with two tabs:
>
> > http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-2tab-delay.png
> > http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-2tab-response.png
>
> Or three tabs:
> >
> > http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-3tab-basic.png
> > http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-3tab-keys.png
> > http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx/accessx-3tab-mouse.png

I like 3 better.

> And which of the 'new' features (toggle keyboard shortcuts separately,
> link to mouse capplet) introduced in the three-tab mockup are we going
> to go with?  Assume that I've already taken everyone's comments about
> ordering/layout/appearance in each design on board and will act on them
> accordingly whichever design we choose :)

Neither seems especially inviting.
1) toggling the magic accelerators distinctly from the master on off
    is going to break the master on off logic mightily.  I am using
    that as the XKB flag to inficate master enable.  Without it
    only gconf can know if the master is on or off.

2) A button back to mouse capplet.  With the extra room we now have
   lets just add some more sliders.  Sure it means we'll be
   duplicating ui.  However, that seems less irritating than the
   alternatives.  I'd advocate doing the same thing for the repeat
   keys.