Re: new vfolder questions

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 19:04, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 19:55, mike wrote:
> > I did some investigation of this in terms of configuration issues, the
> > other night
> >
> > The idea seems to be that the preferences,system, and server files map
> > to sub-uris and are hard-linked to specific directories, which seems a
> > little wierd
>
> Err, I can't parse this, but needless to say they are vfolders, so the
> contents come from many different places.

To give an example of this the server-settings uri has one entry,
    <ParentLink>/etc/X11/serverconfig</ParentLink>

If you alter this to another directory which contains desktop files the
uri ceases to function in the menus

> > Also It does not seem possible to nest any other preferences inside the
> > prefences-all-users vfolder
>
> What problem are you having?  Keep in mind that you can only create
> .desktop files in vfolders (though this will change in vfs HEAD very
> soon).
>
> > I was looking at getting all the prefences uner the same menu and sort
> > of managed by copying the contents of prefernces-all-users into
> > applications-all-users, but prefences still appears as a main menu item.
>
> This shouldn't be necessary.  Why couldn't you just cut & paste the
> files how you wanted them inside preferences-all-users?

Doesn't work, and the title doesnt change (and doesnt seem to referenced
normally)

For example if you reference server-settings.vfolder.info inside
preferences-all-users, a menu item apperas but no entries

While if you copy and paste directly into applications-all-users it
does, but there is still a preferences entry in the top level menu