Re: nautilus limits ?

> 	You can tweak 'directory_limit' mine says 4000 currently; You can also
> set it to '-1' == no limit. However - be warned, that nautilus does use
> a fairly significant amount of memory for 4000 thumbnailed images - it
> caches all of the images [ things could be done more intelligently there
> but ... it's all effort ], so it's perhaps not altogether wise to have
> no limit.

There is still the problem of the default. It is currently not large
enough to handle most /dev -directories or a typical Red Hat /usr/bin.
This is also sort of a "please unbreak me"-option. But if it isn't
possible to totally do away with currently, at least the default should be
big enough to handle any typical standard directories.

Gaute