Re: Servers feature

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 21:06, Alex Graveley wrote:
> I don't think this is the right way to do a logical view of the
> network.  The correct way is to merge together the various
> network-oriented vfs methods (smb, nfs) purely using a vfolder to
> organize them.  To make it useful requires fixing the smb: method to
> work more seamlessly with nautilus, and implementing nfs server
> scanning, imo.
>
> -Alex

the cool thing about network neighborhood on the mac and in windows is
that network locations appear as sub-folders of the network directory.
The thing that is nice about this is that in a potential new file
selector we could have a range of available root nodes one of which
could be "Network" from which users could access remote location
seemlessly.

dave