Spell checking in GNOME 2

Hi Martin, Radek,

I'm working on a spell checker solution for gedit
(http://www.gnome.org/~paolo/screenshots/spell-checker.png) to be
included in the GNOME 2.2 releases.

Speaking on IRC with the GNOME release team, they suggested me to
contact you in order to try to join our efforts and propose a generic
spell checking solution for GNOME (to be included in libegg).
According to them (and me), it should be a gtk+/glib/gobject only
solution.

You can see my current code (partially unfinished) in gedit/plugin/spell
(CVS HEAD).

I have developed a spell checker class (whose API is quite similar to
the gnome-spell interface) called gedit-spell-checker and a generic
spell checker dialog called gedit-spell-checker-dialog.

ATM, my solution is based on pspell .12.2 but I think we should base it
on the new GNU aspell (the new API supports filters and let you manage
the personal dictionary too).

Ciao,
Paolo

P.S. I'm planning to patch gtkspell in order to use my spell checker
class.

--
Paolo Maggi                      E-mail: maggi athena polito it
Dip. Automatica e Informatica    Tel.  : + 39 011 564 7078

A Bugless Program is an Abstract Theoretical Concept.