Re: very rough pre-gep tentative new modules list

Luis Villa <louie ximian com> writes:
> *gcalctool: a more powerful gtk calculator. It is not very GNOME-ish
> ATM; otherwise it's superior to the current crop in many ways.

When I saw this, it was a really scary-looking scientific calculator.
I think the default thing under Accessories->Calculator should be in a
pretty simple mode by default, without lots of math geek buttons.

I admit I haven't looked at it that closely or recently though.

> This is clearly an ambitious list; we expect at least one and possibly
> several of these apps won't be ready in time for 2.2. But because it is
> easy to cut them loose so that they can focus on 2.4, we don't think
> it's a problem to be ambitious and air out all the possible issues now.
> So, go ahead, flame away for dependencies, or instability, or just
> because we didn't include your favorite app. Or maybe even try to start
> a constructive discussion. :)

When proposing these apps, are you proposing them for "core desktop"
or "fifth toe" or what?

Havoc