Re: pkg-config 0.13

Ali Akcaagac wrote:

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 05:25, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
	Thanks :-) I've fixed the ORBit2 issue and updated
vicious-build-scripts. Everything else seems to be building for me so
far ..

hmmmm make failed for module: libbonobo investigating into the
gthreads.pc file

bash-2.05b$ cat gthread-2.0.pc
prefix=/tmp/gnome-test
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: GThread
Requires: glib-2.0
Version: 2.1.0
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgthread-2.0 -pthread
Cflags: -pthread
bash-2.05b$

i thought it should be changed to -lpthread ? or am i missing something
here ? gnome-2-0 shows:
The "-pthread" bit is correct. The "-pthread" argument tells the compiler/linker to compile a threaded program. On Linux, this is roughly equivalent to definining _REENTRANT and linking with -lpthread, but this is not so on every architecture.

Rather than trying to work out what flags to define on each architecture, it is easier to just get the compiler/linker to do it (which they can already do). The problem was that pkg-config < 0.13 didn't pass the -pthread argument through for "pkg-config --libs" in all cases.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.