Re: metacity, vte

Hi Mikael,

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 09:17, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> As for VTE, I've been using it for several months and it works like a
> charm. I really think we should switch to it now and if performance
> needs to be improved we have what's left of this year to fix it before
> GNOME 2.2.

	Seriously !? you've been using it for several months ? I find that
amazing, since it's unusably slow for me [ without the very recent HEAD
fixes ], it's also un-responsive.

	Can you verify that running 'yes' is un-interuptable ? I'd also be
interested to see the results of a 'top', while you're compiling a load
of small files - my vte was ~1/2 the CPU time re-rendering [vs. the
compile].

	Hmm,

		Michael.