Re: GEP-4 : Versioning and branching rules proposal

Le mer 25/09/2002 à 16:48, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> Hi Frederic,
>
> On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 17:05, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > > Please comments..
> >
> > I can't believe nobody complained about anything with new version of
> > GEP-4 :)))
>
> 	My comment - that so far I see no major benefit in the requirements,
> apart from some vague help to an FTP structure that I don't understand
> either [ and looking at it recently I was rather suprised at the changes
> ].
I've removed any references to FTP structure in the latest draft of
GEP..

I thought the benefits were quite clear in latest draft : try to clean
up the mess in versioning, tagging and branching :))

> 	Thus; since I tend to believe the "Don't bump the number if nothing
> changes, because that's horribly inefficient" argument above all others,
> as such I'm against the proposal, until someone can explain things to me
> sufficiently clearly ;-)

I agree this part of the proposed solution is not optimal at ALL :((

Maybe we should just keep the guidelines and remove the propose solution
(or rename it as "here is a example which is correct regarding the
guidelines.."

--
Frederic Crozat
MandrakeSoft