Include GNOME1 libs and some GNOME1 apps in 2.2 release?

Hi,

If I understand correctly, GNOME will ship its (1)
Developer Platform, (2) Desktop, and (3) Fifth Toe for
the GNOME 2.2 release.  I was wondering if it were
feasible (and sensible) to add (4) parallel
installable GNOME1 libs and some select GNOME1
applications.  You could call this new package
"Residual Tail."

Why?  Well, there might be some people out there who
do not have either GNOME1 or GNOME2 on their computers
yet but who might want to use some GNOME1 applications
such as Evolution and Galeon (note: these are only
examples), which have not yet made the GNOME2
conversion.  "Residual Tail" would make it easier for
those users to achieve that goal.

The big downside, I suppose, would be the headache of
testing these old (and mostly unmaintained, probably)
libraries.  Also, including the old libs might lessen
the incentive to move to the new development platform.
 On the other hand, including "Residual Tail" would
help folks working on Galeon, who would love to move
to GNOME2 but who are held up for other reasons.

Anyway, I thought I'd float this idea to see what
others think.

Cheers!

=====
~~~~~~~~~