Re: Progress bar on startup

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 15:16, Telsa Gwynne wrote:

I think what would be really nice, and would create less of the
> > "icons quickly flashing" problem would be to use a progress
> > bar...particularly if we could get some sort of feedback during long
> > operations such as Pango initializing (probably not possible, I know).

Have you considered using the (ugh) KDE style? i think it worked really
good back when i checked it out about a year ago... all icons are
displayed at startup, but 'shaded'... so we know all the stuff that
needs to be loaded, then as we advance in the sequence, they are
highlighted. this gives a nice progress indication, is ellegant and
smart and i think consumes less resources than a progress bar or
whatever...

cheers,

axel