Re: GEP-4 : Versioning and branching rules proposal

Le lun 30/09/2002 à 12:06, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> Hi Frederic,
>
> On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 22:51, Frédéric Crozat wrote:
>
> > Z must follow the following rules :
> >      * each new release of the module should only increment Z.
> >      * at release  candidate time,  Z should be superior to 90.
>
> 	Fine;
>
> 	I think with this; the 4 number versioning is clearly applicable only
> to people wanting to rush releases out in-between official releases, and
> so it's quite reasonable.
>
> 	Much happier with this, also, if as Jeff suggests ftp structure is no
> longer an element in the requirements; this should be removed.

I'm not sure I'm understand you.. What do you want to remove ? (if it is
FTP structure, it has been removed from the proposal..)

I'm currently integrating all latest comment in the proposal and I'll
post an almost-final version to review later today ..

--
Frederic Crozat
MandrakeSoft